Monday 4 May 2009

SPIDER-MAN FoF

*The game in graphics and gameplay IMHO is very good as a PC game (I play it in my PC as I do with most of my games), not bad for a PS2 or a Wii game and a horror for the "Next Gen Consoles", surely the Wii is considered next Gen but it still uses DVD's not Blu-Ray's, so I don't give it that much consideration as a next gen if I don't consider the controls

*Surprisingly after two years of release; this cheesy game is still in the markets in my country and sells for around $47.35 and Spider-Man 3 the best game is withdrawn from markets, "Spider-Man: Web of Shadows" is a double layered DVD and sells for around $37 makes it better for "Web Of Shadows" players and counted economically good (glad I didn't buy it from the store I got WoS from)

*Combat sure beats SM3 for the PS2/Wii (even in Maximum Carnage the combat is better than it is in the Wii SM3), jumping and swinging enemies is fun.

*I expected good Web-Swinging and some free-roaming; I got dissapointed, at least after a long time and many games with that option removed I get to choose levels after beating them

*It's sort of embarrassing; but I compared this game to "Mortal Kombat Shaolin Monks" (odd comparison, works for me sort of), what's better here if I die in co-op my companion doesn't die with me and I can rest between mission, (in MKSM one has no teleporter to the Bunshee Academy, why the comparison), you can play 2 players versus within FoF game instead of a different feature

*The game is entertaining enough anyway, I started playing yesterday and finished 9 missions

*Edit: I'm about to finish the game (only two more missions to go), and I have to say it is good on only one console: "Nintendo Game Cube". The Nipal graphics are a lot like the graphics of so many NGC games like Bomber-Man so I say it's a shame this game wasn't ported to that console.

In most forums it is forbidden to say so; I downloaded the game to be able to play it, it is not really worthy to pay for except for the DVD you buy to burn it on. I downloaded it over a year ago and just now was able to play it by doing the magic work of placing the game in the folder of the installed Spider-Man 3 "C:\Program Files\Activision", before putting it in that folder it never worked and all I had to say for it for a while is "GET ACTIVATED YOU PAIN" before placing it in that folder and then deleted it because it is not functional

Here's a fun fact: Spider-Man is voiced by "James Arnold Taylor" & "Harry Osbourn" is voiced by "Josh Keaton", they switched roles in the "Spectacular Spider-Man Animated Series"

No comments: